Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This post is dedicated to my sweet nephew Nolan. I'm sorry it took me a few days to get pictures on the blog of Grandma and Grandpa with Mackenzie but here they finally are! We miss you and Colton and hope you and your Mom and Dad had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I'm sorry it's been a while since my last post but life has been pretty crazy. We moved to South Carolina and have been unpacking non stop. For all my friends that have been asking me to post pictures of our new house I promise I'll work on that this week! Today was a really wonderful day. We had 11 people at the house today for Thanksgiving dinner. We were so thankful for many things but I was so especially happy to be living in South Carolina and be so close to all of our family and most especially that Matt's Mom and Dad could be here with us to share this special holiday. After dinner we spent the day with Matt's parents, my parents and my sister's family, then we went to the Roper Mountain Science Center for some pre-Christmas fun and Holiday lights.

Grandma and Grandpa with Mackenzie

Swing me!


Hi, I'm a snowman!

What's more fun on a Holiday than bubbles!?
Since it's been a while since my last blog I thought I'd give an update on Mackenzie while I was at it. She is adjusting really well to our new house. We haven't gotten much baby proofing done yet so she is into everything! Over the past week her vocabulary has exploded! She is saying at least 5 new words a day and is really starting to put multiple words together. Her favorite words right now are Elmo, stuck, bubbles, Uncle, Auntie, mine (we REALLY hate that one) and tonight for the first time she said SANTA! She has dropped her morning nap without much problem at all and is a ball of energy from morning til night. She is the sweetest little thing with a ton of personality and keeps us laughing most of the day. I'll post more pics soon...we hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

post signature

5 comments:

The Galimore Family said...

We miss you! Happy Thanksgiving!

Vicky said...

Awwww, wait til Nolan sees! Thank you Julie for posting all of that. I am glad you had a good time today! We miss all of you! Give Mackenzie a big hug for us!

Molly said...

We miss you guys!!!! Come visit soon!

Vicky said...

Nolan just read your post to me and said "That is Mackenzie? I thought she was a baby?" "I want to go there to!" And then he asked "where's the snow?"

Then, he ran out the door to his friends. Nothing keeps him still for long.

Wilson's Winners said...

Glad you had a great turkey day! Stirling misses Mackenzie tons! You need to come visit for a playdate! Can't wait to see house pics!